Why choose our Women & Children services?
SAMC’s women and children services provide the following:
- Childbirth Education – Helping families prepare for childbirth and caring for their new baby.
- A state-of-the-art Family Birth Center – Providing family-centered healthcare to women and their infants during normal, as well as high-risk, pregnancies and births.
- Maternity/Couplet Care – SAMC nurses are professionally trained to provide couplet care. Mom and baby are cared for in the same room until both go home.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – The region’s only advanced NICU staffed by expert neonatologists.
- Pediatric Care – Highly-trained pediatric hospitalists provide individualized care to pediatric inpatients and emergency patients.
- Educational and networking programs – Created exclusively for women, these include Breastfeeding, Lamaze, Baby Safety, Sibling, Traveling with Baby and other programs.
- Comprehensive Breast Center – The center offers women a spa-like experience, with a friendly staff, private and comfortable waiting areas, and mammograms that can be performed in 15 minutes.