- Southeast Cancer Center
- Heart & Vascular
- Women's Services
- NeuroSpine Center
- Medical Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Pain Management Center
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Patients & Visitors
- About Us
• Second Cup of Coffee: Second Wednesday of each month. 9:30–11 a.m. in the Terrace Cafeteria.
Wednesday, October 8, 2014 – A spoonful of knowledge helps the medicine go down – An SAMC Pharmacist will answer questions about medications.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 – What's for Dinner? – Learning to eat healthy and knowing what to buy at the grocery store. How do I order at a restaurant? An SAMC Dietician will be on hand to serve up healthy advice.
• Lunch with the Doctor – Gout and Osteoporosis – Edmund G. LaCour, MD – Monday, October 6, 2014; 11:30 a.m.; Depot Off Main. $5 charge includes lunch. Reservations required, please call 793-8107.
Senior Discovery Benefits:
• Weekday exercise class: participant must provide a note from his or her physician before joining the class. Each participant receives a T-Shirt. Participants who are eligible will be encouraged to sign up for the Silver Sneakers, a national seniors exercise program.
• Discounts in the cafeteria and the gift shops.
• Complimentary copying service: limited to 25 copies at a time.
• Notary Public service.
• Second Cup of Coffee program: 2nd Wednesday of each month; 9:30–11 a.m. in the Terrace Cafeteria. Games, fellowship and health related presentations. Everyone who attends will receive a free Second Cup of Coffee mug and free coffee.
• Quarterly Lunch with the Doctor programs: Noon–1 p.m. Depot Off Main. $5 charge includes lunch.
• Breakfast Bunch: every Thursday; 7:30–8:30 a.m. in the Terrace Cafeteria. 50 percent discount on breakfast.
• Coming in 2015
– Quarterly evening programs for even more active seniors; crossfit, healthy eating & dieting, yoga and more.
– Senior Fair
This isn't your grandparent's senior program. You're just getting your second wind in life and now it is time to discover new and exciting things. For only $15 a year per person or $20 per couple, our new Senior Discovery program offers wellness, education, entertainment and friendship. The new Senior Discovery program offers monthly programs to help keep you active, healthy and young at heart. You can register for annual membership at the first event you attend and receive your membership card.
We'll still offer some of our popular activities like the exercise classes at the Living Well Fitness Center on the SAMC campus. We're also going to perk up your mornings by offering you a Second Cup of Coffee. Don't worry, it won't be the same old grind and we'll even throw in a complimentary cup. Not a morning person? You may have more of an appetite for our quarterly Lunch with the Doctor programs.