Patient Portal Agreement
By signing this agreement I agree to the following rules for utilizing the patient portal for the above clinics. Please read the terms of this agreement as described below.
- I the Patient/Parent understand that the patient portal is NOT to be used for urgent or emergency situations. In the event of an emergency I will call emergency medical services or 911, or go directly to the emergency room.
- I understand that it may take 24 hours to receive a response to an email request Monday -Friday. If I do NOT receive a response within 24 hours Monday – Friday I will contact the clinic. Messages received on weekends and holidays will be responded to the next business day.
- I understand that if I lose my username or password. I may request a new one from the clinic by providing valid identification.
- I the Patient/Parent understand that if at any time I believe my password or other security information has been obtained by or is being used by a person who I do not consent to having access to personal information on the patient portal, I must immediately notify the clinic.
- I the Patient/Parent understand that I should remember to log out and close my browser when I am finished accessing password protected patient portal services. This prevents someone else from accessing personal information if I leave, share, or use a public computer (i.e. like a library, kiosk, or internet café).
- I the Patient/Parent understand that the terms and conditions of this disclaimer and user agreement may change periodically. I will be notified of such modifications through the patient portal messaging and posting on the SAMC.org website.
- I the Patient/Parent assume full responsibility for the privacy of my password and other security information.
- I the Patient/Parent understand that access to the patient portal will be monitored through a logon audit.
- I understand that this agreement is designed to, and by express agreement between the partied, does in fact reach as far as Alabama law permits.
You will obtain this agreement to sign at you participating Clinic or Office