Rehabilitation Services to offer athletic performance program
SAMC's Outpatient Rehabilitation and Living Well Fitness Center are working together to offer therapy and training sessions for athletes.
The sessions are designed to increase performance and reduce injuries for area athletes ages 15 and up. Ryan York, DPT, will oversee therapy sessions while Kaylon Harrell, BSEP, will provide sport specific training sessions.
"This is for any athlete age 15 and older who wants to increase their performance," said Anthony Eubanks, director, Physical Therapy. "Our doctors of Physical Therapy have backgrounds in sports medicine, orthopedic rehabilitation and a passion for competitive athletics."
Each athlete is assessed individually to provide a number of unique services.
• Treatment of both acute and recurring sports injuries.
• Improvement of performance through connective and muscular tissue release and care.
• Movement analysis to discover faults that cause weakness and chronic problems.
• Specific dry needling and taping techniques to provide support and increase performance.
• Certified USA weightlifiting coach to train in Crossfit/Olympic movements including snatch and clean & jerk.
• Focus on sport-specific enhancements for all sports.
• Speed, agility, strenth & conditioning, and plyometrics training.
In the photo, Kaylon Harrell, BSEP, fitness specialist/trainer for Rehabilitation Services, works out with athletic performance enhancement client Troy Griggs, an Ashford native who plays defensive back for the Concordia College Hornets in Selma.