NewsOct 18 2012
TAVs (TeenAge Volunteers)- A TAV is a student age 14 or older in grades 9-12, who has a desire to volunteer his/her time and talent to help others. It is someone who believes that people can make a difference and who is willing to prove it.
• Have a real interest in volunteering
• Possess a good attitude
• Be dependable
• Have a genuine love for people
• Applicant is required to have and maintain a scholastic average of "C" or above.
• Must submit statement on his/her desire to work in a medical facility and/or health care field.
• Must provide names and addresses of two people from whom we can request references.
• Required to work a minimum number of hours per year. These hours must be served at 12 hours per month during the school year and 24 hours per month when school is out.
• Must be in good physical and emotional health.
• Must have parents'/legal guardian's consent.
• Must complete a physical and have a TB skin test provided by SAMC.
The rewards of volunteering for a TAV:
• Gain new skills
• Build new friendships
• Make a difference in someone else's life
• Keep active
• Ability to explore a possible career
• Take on new challenges
• Become a valued part of a team
• Senior TAVs can apply for college scholarships