NewsOct 18 2012
All applicants for employment at Southeast Alabama Medical Center (SAMC) must apply online. (Please note that an e-mail address is required for this process.) Southeast Alabama Medical Center does not hire anyone who uses any type of tobacco or nicotine products or tests positive for drugs.
While there may be some procedural differences in the SAMC staffing process depending on which area you are considering, you should expect to follow these steps.
• Search and apply for positions that you are interested in and qualified. You will be able to create an online application and attach a resume (if you have one) for any/all positions you are interested in. Once your application is received, you will get an e-mail acknowledgement and requisition number for each position for which you applied.
• A Recruiter will review your online application, and will identify applicants whose skills and experience best match the requirements of the job.
Please note: If an applicant is not selected to continue in the hiring process for a particular position, he/she will receive a status update. Please continue searching the careers site and applying for appropriate positions.
• Some positions may require testing. You will be advised if testing is required prior to the interview process by a recruitment representative.
• The interview process may vary for each position. Generally if we are interested in you as a candidate for a position, a Recruiter will contact you for an initial telephone interview. Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to interview every qualified applicant.
• If an offer is extended to you, a pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check (including a criminal background check) will be initiated for all external hires or re-hires. Certain positions may also be subject to additional compliance checks (i.e., motor vehicle record, credit check).
Please note: Employment is contingent on a successful pre-employment hiring process, which can include a physical, drug screen, nicotine screen and background check.