- Southeast Cancer Center
- Heart & Vascular
- Women's Services
- Neurospine Center
- Medical Services
- Rehabilitation Services
- Pain Management Center
- Patients & Visitors
- About Us
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment if you are an existing patient and 30 minutes before your appointment if you are a new patient.
- Please bring your insurance card and photo ID to every appointment. Insurances change regularly throughout the year. We need to verify your insurance at each visit.
- Please be prepared to pay your co-pay or deductible at the time of your appointment. Your insurance coverage is a contract between you and your insurance company. Failure to pay co-pays and deductibles can results in termination of your insurance coverage.
- Please call ahead if you must cancel your appointment so we can accommodate another patient.
- If you arrive late for your appointment, you may be asked to re-schedule to the next available appointment. Our days vary, but if the providers' schedules are full, we will not be able to see you. Screening appointments will need to be re-scheduled as these are longer appointments and require all staff.
- No show appointments are tracked. A no show appointment is an appointment that is missed without proper cancellation. Three or more "no show" appointments could result in your being dismissed from the clinic.
- Please bring all medications you are currently taking to your appointments. We do review these at each appointment to be sure we have an accurate list for our records. This greatly helps us when refills are requested.
- Please turn off cell phones in the examination rooms so we can have your full attention.
1st Med Elba
1st Med of Elba, located at 252 Larkin Drive, is an affiliate of Southeast Alabama Medical Center. The facility serves patients in rural Coffee, Covington, Crenshaw and neighboring counties seven days a week. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; and 1 to 6 p.m. on Sunday.
- Complete family medical care
- Laboratory services
- Certified registered nurse practitioner on site
Lance K. Dyess, MD, is the covering physician. Carlton Baldwin, CRNP, also sees patients.
These services are backed by the assurance SAMC offers with its reputation of service, quality and state-of-the-art technology. We accept most insurance plans. Medicaid patients can be seen with a referral.
For an appointment, call 334-897-2207. Our FAX number is 334-853-0128.
Click this link to access your patient portal: www.samc.org/patientportal
- Heart & Vascular