The staff of SAMC’s Endoscopy suites is dedicated to maintaining your privacy, comfort and dignity throughout your procedure. The suites, staffed by a team of nurses specifically trained to assist the physicians (gastroenterologists, internists and surgeons) during the procedure, features the most modern instrumentation available.
During an endoscopy procedure, a physician views and examines internal structures using an endoscope, a flexible viewing tube, which projects a three-dimensional color view without making an incision. The endoscope also allows for the removal and biopsy of tissue if needed. Common problems and symptoms that may require an endoscopy procedure include:
- Difficulty swallowing (dysphagia)
- Heartburn and regurgitation (GERD)
- Chronic and severe indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Frequent nausea and/or vomiting
- Severe/unexplained abdominal pain
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Severe/frequent stomach pain
- Chronic diarrhea
- Rectal bleeding
- Colon cancer screening
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
If you would like more information about our endoscopy suites, as well as information about common digestive problems, symptoms or procedures, please call 334-793-8111.