When you have sick child, but you still need to work, SAMC’s Child Development Center offers a safe caring environment in our Comfort Zone. The Comfort Zone is a community service and you don’t have to be an employee of SAMC to take advantage of it. There is a charge to utilize the Comfort Zone and since space is limited, children are taken on a first come, first served basis. The Comfort Zone is conveniently located on the third floor of SAMC and can be easily accessed from the third level of the West Parking Garage. It was developed to offer a childcare option for children who are mildly ill or recuperating for an illness or surgery.
Comfort Zone provides the following services:
- Supervised care for children ages 6 weeks to 13 years from 6:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- With written permission from the parent, medications can be given by our staff.
- Meals and snacks are included. Baby food, formula, diapers and wipes must be provided by the parent.
- Children have access to books, art supplies, music and educational toys. Television and video games are also available.
- Parents will be contacted immediately if their child’s condition worsens.
And the best part is, parents may call or visit any time during the day.
Comfort Zone pricing:
- $2 per hour for children of SAMC employees enrolled full-time at the Child Development Center
- $3 per hour for all other children of SAMC employees
- $4 per hour for non-SAMC employees
Think you might need to use the Comfort Zone in the future?
- Parents are encouraged to pre-register by calling SAMC’s Child Development Center at 334-793-8888. An application packet must be completed prior to placement in the Comfort Zone. However, you do not have to pre-register to use the Comfort Zone. You may fill out registration information the same day you drop your child off.
Comfort Zone is just one of the extra benefits that help SAMC employees find balance between work life and home life.
For more information, please call SAMC’s Child Development Center at 334-793-8888.