The Child Development Center (CDC) provides a safe and quality environment for children and grandchildren of SAMC employees, as well as employees of affiliated physicians’ offices. The CDC was established in 1992 and is licensed by the Alabama Department of Human Resources. It offers a theme base, hands on curriculum. The CDC accepts children from 6 weeks to 14 years old. There is an annual $30 registration fee for all children at the CDC.
The CDC offers:
- Nutritious meals and snacks.
- A developmentally appropriate environment in classrooms and on three play-grounds.
- Quarterly developmental assessments for children beginning at 18 months.
- CPR/First Aid trained staff.
- Surveillance cameras, monitored entry system, ID checks and SAMC Security assistance.
- Computer instruction in pre-school through school-age classrooms