Thank you for your interest in applying for appointment to the Medical Staff at Southeast Alabama Medical Center (SAMC). Please note the following minimum pre-requisites for membership and/or privileges:
- Completed (or in the final six months of) an approved residency program;
- Actively practiced for at least six of the past 12 months (residency included);
- Established or plan to establish an office and residence close enough to the Hospital to provide timely care for patients;
- Currently licensed to practice in this state or in the process of obtaining an Alabama license (unless applying for affiliate status, in which case the applicant only has to be licensed in the state in which he/she actively practice);
- Maintain current, valid professional liability insurance with a minimum of $1M/$3M coverage;
- Board Certified or commit to become Board Certified within (5) years from the completion of residency or fellowship in his/her by the board in which clinical privileges are sought;
- Eligible to participate in federal health care programs (Medicare/Medicaid);
- Appropriate call coverage in specialty.
- All successful applicants must attend New Physician Orientation before practicing at the hospital.
Upon meeting requirements, complete the Pre-Application and return it with a copy of your current Curriculum Vitae. Following Medical Staff review, you will be notified as to whether a full application for staff privileges will be forwarded to you. The application process is 60 to 90 days once a completed initial application has been received. If you are interested in membership only, please complete this packet.
If you would like to learn more about Southeast Alabama Medical Center, please feel free to contact our Medical Staff Office directly at 334-793-8705.